Wednesday 1 February 2012

2011: A Year in Review

I know it's a bit late but I began writing this a few weeks ago but I was extremely busy and I could only get around to publishing it now.

In my view 2011 has been one of the most important years in a long time. Certainly the most important one since I was born in 1993. Some people have compared 2011 to the late 80s/early 90s when the USSR and Warsaw Pact broke up, or the 1848 revolutions in Europe. Personally I hope it's more successful than 1848 as (with the exception of France) they started off successfully but ended in disaster. The economic crisis that began in 2007 is still hurting five years later and nothing seems to be getting better. People are growing tired of seeing others get rich unfairly whilst they are unable to get out of poverty.

2011 saw one of the biggest press scandals in history, once-in-a-century revolutions, the destructive forces or mother nature and the continuation of the worst economic crisis since the depression of the 1830s and the longest lasting one in living memory. So just an ordinary year then I guess?

No comments:

Post a Comment